Thursday, October 3, 2013

39 weeks!

Okay so I am really bad at documenting things this pregnancy compared to Scarlett! So I thought I better do a quick update before the little one arrives although I am guessing it will be late. I didn't even get a good picture because I keep forgetting to ask my husband to take one for me :)

How far along: 39 weeks

Baby's size: My midwife estimated around 7lbs my last visit

Total weight gain: 20lbs over my starting weight

Stretch marks? Thankfully none have shown up yet

Sleep: Pretty awful!! He sits so low and I am up constantly going to the bathroom and waking up with hip pain (the chiropractor is my best friend these days). 

Best moment this week: A few weeks ago I had a friend's little boy ask me why my belly was so big. I told him it was because there was a baby in there. He asked me "Did you bite (eat) it?". I laughed and said "No, that is just how a baby is made".  He still seemed pretty confused :) 

It was also so much fun to have maternity pictures taken at 34 weeks and the home visit with the midwife and her assistant at 36 weeks. 

Miss anything? SLEEP! Although I am not expecting any for the next few months!

Movement: The only time he is a wild one is when I eat dairy. I have been dairy free wince 36 weeks and I plan on not eating it until baby is at least 4-5 months or even longer because I am going to do everything in my power not to have a colicky baby again! Otherwise he is super quiet and content compared to  how Scarlett was. I have to poke him to make him move for peace of mind sometimes. 

Food cravings: Raw green peppers and cucumbers! Good thing they are in season! I also am craving more carbs here at the end and have been snacking on the treats made with honey and coconut sugar I have been making for the freezer. I also broke down and ate a few pieces of candy corn which surprisingly is my favorite halloween candy (my husband thinks all my candy choices are so disgusting). 

Anything making you queasy or sick? I am having a little bit more nausea now that I am getting towards the end. My midwife says it is just the hormones raging again. Unfortunately this translates into hot flashes too which are not fun.

Gender: Little Boy!

Labor signs: Braxton hicks all the time and baby is super low most of the time although he bobs up and down.

Symptoms: Growing belly, hip pain, braxton hicks, and fatigue

Belly button in or out: Definitely out now!

Maternity Clothes: I have two pair of bigger regular pants that fit and then I just wear skirts and yoga pants. Although mostly it has been yoga pants because I am lazy :) 

Happy or moody most of the time: I am feeling pretty happy most of the time, but season 3 of Downtown Abby definitely had me sobbing last night :) 

Looking forward to: Meeting my little boy face to face! Although I am perfectly content if he comes late because the more time I have to prepare the better! 

All set up for a waterbirth if it works out!! 

1 comment:

  1. OH, MEGAN---I can't wait to hear how it goes! (I'm secretly jealous that you get to hang out with Beth soon.) (Or not so secretly, since I just wrote that.)

    ReplyDelete