Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Homemade Belly Butter for Pregnancy


This time around I have decided to try to make my own belly butter. Last time around I used BioOil to help prevent stretch marks. And I am not completely sure if it was the product or not but I didn't get any stretch marks with Scarlett. However, after learning what is acutally in BioOil and knowing that everything we put on our skin is absorbed (it is our largest organ) I decided making my own would be the way to go. It is surprisingly easy and kinda gratifying to make something yourself.



The recipe I use is an easy one that many people have already posted online. The basic ingredients are coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin E oil. I ordered my products through vitacost and amazon.

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa butter
1/2 cup shea butter
1/8 cup vitamin E oil


I mixed them all up on the stove. I don't have a double boiler so I just used a Anchor measuring cup and a small pan with water.
Melting away

After it melted I put it into a short mason jar and it was ready to cool. Super easy! Some people store it is the fridge but I found it got to hard to use so I just leave mine out.

No comments:

Post a Comment