Monday, May 13, 2013

18 Weeks



I cannot believe that I am already 18 weeks. Okay so technically I am 19 weeks tomorrow so thought I better get this posted today.

In some ways this pregnancy has gone very slow (no thanks to the wonderful winter weather we have been having this spring!), but in other ways it has flown by. I think being preoccupied with a 2 year old makes all the difference. 


How far along: 18 weeks

Baby's size: Bell Pepper (5 1/2 in & 6.5 oz)

Total weight gain:  None so far, down 3lbs from starting weight. That being said I lost around 10lbs the first 12 weeks so I am definitely gaining it back. I lost weight with Scarlett in the beginning too, but gained large amounts weeks 20-30.

Stretch marks? None yet :) I luckily didn't get any with Scarlett, but we will see with this one.

Sleep: Sleep is easy to come by some nights and hard others. I am up at least once to go the bathroom and to eat. We definitely need a new mattress since ours in sagging and my hip pain is starting already :(. I had awful hip pain the last 10 weeks I was pregnant with Scarlett. 

Best moment this week: Seeing the baby move on the outside! This baby moves less than Scarlett did so it is kinda weird for me. Chris has been able to feel the baby move once, but usually when we put our hands on my belly the little stinker stops moving! 

Miss anything? Not really. I only thing I can think of is more energy, but I didn't always have enough of that before pregnancy.

Movement: Definite kicks! I have been feeling flutters since 12 weeks. My midwife said it was actually possible for me because my uterus was tipped so far forward.

Food cravings: The only thing I am really craving this time around is fruit (especially frozen blueberries and raspberries) and kale (yes, seriously!). Kale chips are incredibly good!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes! Seriously, what is up with your smell when you are pregnant? Strong perfume smells, cleaning products (especially certain types of dish and laundry soap), and cigarette smoke make me gag.  I was able to smell the one spray of cologne Chris put on upstairs all the way downstairs. Also, strangely enough I also get queasy when I think of pot roast.

Gender: Don't know yet. 2 more weeks!

Labor signs: Nope. Too early for that.

Symptoms: Growing belly, hip pain, fatigue, food cravings, and increased acne :(

Belly button in or out: In, but slowly getting shallower

Maternity Clothes: Thankfully my pre-pregnancy pants still fit comfortably. They are slightly tighter but still feel good. I really dislike maternity clothes (I know I am kinda strange). I just hate how the panel only goes halfway up your belly and it is uncomfortable and itches. The ones without the panel just always keep sliding down and I really dislike the be-band too. And maternity shirts sometimes upset me too because they make the breast area so large! I am small to begin with and don't grow much during pregnancy so they never seem to fit right. I have resorted to buying smalls even though pre-pregnancy my shirt size is a medium just so the breast area fits. I know, I know I just have to make it harder on myself :). With Scarlett I just wore a size bigger pants and I might do that with this one too. Plus it will be summer this time around so I might just wear lots of dresses.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy :) But, I have random little meltdowns. I feel very emotional and passionate these days so little things can push me over the edge. My poor husband!

Looking forward to: The ultrasound in a week and a half! So excited to see my little one and to find out what we are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment