Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You're my Favorite Reason to Lose Sleep

It finally happened! The moment when you lay your baby down wide awake and they go to sleep on their own. I was beginning to have my doubts that that truly would happen. I mean not really because I know she wasn't going to be needing me to put her to bed at 20, but I had doubts it would happen anytime soon. Much to my surprise my little girl put herself to sleep last night. No crying or training involved. Usually we just lay with her on the couch or in bed until she dozes off. A few times I have tried laying her in her crib but she cries and I pick her back up and take her to bed with us. Last night she was being kinda antsy but I could tell she was tired so I tried to lay her in the crib. Much to my surprise she rolled over and fell asleep!


To say that I LOVE sleep would be an understatement. It was the hardest thing to get used to after Scarlett was born. Especially when she went through the up all night spurt! Even on the nights when I would get so mad and exhausted I am glad we did it the way we did. I am thankful for all of the little snuggles and kicks in bed. I would do it all over in a heartbeat for her! Every single sleep deprived day! I am still glad I never made her cry even though there were some nights I was totally tempted. And now I know that it is true that kids will eventually learn to put themselves to sleep without crying.


1 comment:

  1. You did JUST what she needed! You are her Mama and you knew and know whether she needs your "help" to be with her as she falls asleep or whether she's ready to do it on her own. Your intuition is WAY better than any book's advice about "training". :) Good job, Mama.

    ReplyDelete