Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Holding Daddy's Hands



                                                             


Walking down the winding path
I hold tight to Daddy's hand
His firm but gentle grip makes me 
Feel safe like nothing else can
I don't know where we are going
But my Daddy knows the way
He leads us down the path that's right
And will not let us stray
I hold on to his hand tightly
I know he won't let me fall
For my Daddy is the biggest and the strongest of them all
I don't ever have to worry 
When I hold his hand in mine
Because I know he will protect
And love me for all time

Author: Sharon Froese












2 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan--I love this. After our phone conversation today, it also makes me sad--sad for those who don't have a daddy to trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. it is so sad that some will never have a daddy to trust. But I was reading this poem again and instead of thinking of an earthly father I was thinking of our Heavenly Father. Even those who don't have an earthly daddy to trust can trust in the Heavenly Father who will never let them down! Love you Melissa and I am always praying!

      Delete