Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where I have been lately

Wow, can't believe my last post was over a month ago. Life has just been so busy and I haven't felt like writing lately. It has also been very emotional. I have been helping a young woman who is pregnant by a rape. She is due any day now and I have been asking God continually to give me the wisdom and words to say to help her through this. I know however that it is not me that will help her get through this, but the holy spirit working in her.  I have to constantly remind myself that even though I wish I could, I cannot change the situation and God does have a plan for this! I have to remind myself that what the enemy intends for evil, God can use for his purpose! She is giving the baby up so it is a very hard situation.I am sure this will be the hardest birth I have ever attended. So please be in prayer for her and for the situation. Pray that this would lead her closer to God and not further away.

I also feel very strongly lately that God is leading me into a doula business. I have had the wonderful opportunity of attending two friends births this year. I also have another woman who I will be helping give birth in May or early June who was referred to me by a friend. I felt this calling right before I found out I was pregnant with Scarlett and actually took a doula class, but just have never gotten around to getting certified. Basically all I have to do to be certified is have two of the women I have helped through labor give recommendations and write essays on three different doula books.  Easy enough, but I just haven't gotten around to it. This is my goal in the next month.

For all of you who live around me do you think that a doula service is needed in this area?

3 comments:

  1. I DO think it's needed! Very much so! I will pray for wisdom for you as you help that precious mommy; what a hard, hard, situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I appreciate your prayers so very much! And just letting you know I might be giving you a call to ask if you would be willing to write a recommendation :) Hope all is well. We definitely need to get together soon because I miss you!!

      Delete
    2. I miss you, too!!!!!!! And OF COURSE I will write a recommendation!

      I got to thinking some more about the need for doula services in our area; I think much more awareness is needed, for one thing. You and I know enough L & D nurses that we could certainly work through word of mouth as to how helpful it is to have a doula!!! (Whether it is in a hospital or at home!)

      Delete