Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Job as a Mom

I have printed off this picture and stuck it to my bathroom mirror. Why? Because I don't know about you but many times I feel the enemy putting thoughts of guilt in my mind. If only I hadn't yelled today or if only I could spend more time reading to her, etc. I am in constant fear of not doing things right for Scarlett. I need to remember daily that the most important part of being a Mother is pointing my children to the Lord. And the best way I can do this is to put the Lord first in my life and staying in continual relationship with him. It isn't going to do her any good if I read her all the bible stories and send her to Sunday school, but personally am not walking daily with the Lord. If I remember to put the Lord first all other things will flow out from this.  I also need to remember that it is okay to want to do things right. However, along with that I need to remember that I am an imperfect person, therefore an imperfect parent. But where I fail, God will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I've just started apologizing to my toddler when I do something that I regret. I've learned two things from this: 1) It's very humbling apologizing to someone smaller and younger than I am. And 2) It teaches both of us how to handle negative emotions. I know she will remember what I was like more than what I said...so I need to be a good person in my actions. <3

    ReplyDelete