Friday, April 20, 2012

11 random things





I was tagged by Melissa to participate in 11 random things.

The first requirement is a picture of me. I have not a whole lot of pictures of me by myself since I am usually the one behind the camera, so you will have to settle for one of me and Scarlett.

11 random things in no particular order:

1. I always seem to start a new project before finishing the one I am on and it always drives me nuts!
2. I love to sleep, but always stay up way to late.
3. I love to read. The only time I end up reading is at night (hence the staying up to late)
4. My purse never stays organized no matter how hard I try
5. My favorite candy is black licorice (no joke). When I was in high school I would eat about a half of bag for supper followed by an energy drink before I went to work at the nursing home. Obviously I didn't care as much about health back then!
6. I just learned how to make my own chicken broth (super easy and incredibly good for you)
7. It scares me to drive in our Minnesota winters 
8. I really would eat lutefisk more than once a year
9. I talk way to much and sometimes go home wondering if I said to much or if I said the wrong thing. Sometimes I dwell on this and end up not falling asleep til late again!
10. I either had to share a room with my brother or my sister until I was 13. It was awful being the middle child. When my sister and I would get sick of each other I moved in with my brother and vice versa. I finally got my own room when my sister moved out.
11. I have way to many hobbies I want to get into and not enough time. My new sewing machine from christmas hasn't even been used much :(

Now on to the questions Melissa asked us to answer:

1. What is your favorite childhood memory? My favorite childhood memory is of playing on the big roudn bales with my siblings and cousins. I loved king of the hill.

2. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is losing the ones I love. I always have fears when Chris travels for work that he is going to get in some big accident. Then I have to remind myself God has it all in his hands.

3.When you started driving what kind of car did you have? My first car was given to me by my parents and was a blue pontiac grandam. I drove it til my first year in college when I got in an accident.

4. What moves you to tears? Oh pretty much everything around that time of month or when I am pregnant :) Disclaimer: For those wondering that does not mean I am pregnant :) But seeing a baby being born is probably the time I feel the most moved.

5. Why do you think babies spit up on you when you just put on clean clothes? Maybe they just want you to wear a part of them all day! They figure if they have to wear it, you might as well too!

6. What was the hardest life lesson you had to learn?
You mean besides I can't have everything my way all the time :)

7. What is something you are good at?
This one is actually hard for me because I feel I am mediocre at a lot of things but wouldn't necessarily say I am good at it. Although my husband thinks I am a pretty good cook when I want to be. He would say I bake good too if he ever got to taste anything I bake.Usually it doesn't take me long to eat what I bake!

8. Fast forward 30 years and then look back. What is something going on right now in your life that you will miss?
Playing and snuggling with Scarlett. I LOVE this age and will be so sad when she grows out of toddlerhood.

9.  If you have children what is something he/she has taught you?
Miss Scarlett has definitely taught me patience. She has also taught me to stop and take time to enjoy the ones you love. So many times I get caught up in tasks I forget to take time to play.

10. Name something on your bucket list.
 To run a marathon. I am running my first 10k next month which is only 6.2 miles. Only 20 more to go to run a  marathon :) Okay this one might take me awhile!

11. When you are dead and gone what do you hope people will remember about you?
Only good stuff I hope! 


No comments:

Post a Comment