Monday, February 6, 2012

Cut yourself some slack

I think sometimes as mother's we measure our worth by how much we can get done in a day. Sometimes we even compete with other mother's. I think sometimes we forget to sit back and enjoy life. We get so caught up in tasks we forget to take time to play and relax. Which I think is why we get so upset at our husbands at times because they seem to be able to do this more easily than us. My husband can leave ten loads of laundry unfolded in the laundry basket for days and not be bothered by it. I however cannot.

Well today I want to remind you that while those things have to be done at some point (I mean the dishes do have to be done at some point) it is okay to let it go every once in awhile. In order to be worthy we don't have to get every load of laundry done, dishes done, a gourmet meal on the table, sheets washed, a afghan crocheted, the house vacuumed and dusted, etc. every day. Our worth is not measured by those things. I know many times I put pressure on myself. Well, if only my house looked like hers or I could get all the things done she does.

Image via Pinterest

One day last week, I tried to do this. In the morning I went to visit a friend. When we came home Scarlett took her nap, while I sat in front of the T.V. Yes, I sat my butt in front of the T.V. I didn't do dishes, laundry, or vacuum. I just sat and it felt good.

So today, cut yourself some slack! You deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! I am CONSTANTLY feeling like "I wish I could just sit down and do nothing. (or at least some crocheting or sewing or scrapbooking!)" But then I think of all the things that need doing and I never get to do any of the "fun" things and then I get crabby! It seems I need permission--and you just gave it to me. I'll tell myself from now on, "Megan said I should." :)

    ReplyDelete