Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday! I love getting together with family and friends to eat good food. I also love having other people open the gifts I gave them. It is so much more fun to give than to recieve!

Anyways even though I love this stuff I was reminded this morning that amongst all of the extra stuff the real reason for Christmas is to celebrate Jesus birth!!! To remember that He left the Heavenly Father and came down to earth to be the Savior of the world! He didn't have to, but He loved us so much and wanted to make a way for us to be right with God so that we can spend eternity in heaven with Him.

This Christmas I am reminded not only of the Christmas story, but also of the Easter story. Jesus came to earth to be crucified on the cross to take away the sins of the world. All we have to do is invite Jesus into our lives and ask forgiveness of our sins. To truly be repentant and surrender our lives to Him.

So while it can be fun to celebrate with gifts, food, and family, it is important to remember Jesus is the reason for this season. So let's not get so caught up in the extra's of Christmas and take time to remember Him who came to earth so that we might be saved.

Thank you Jesus!!! And Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment