Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hosting Thanksgiving





This was actually my second year hosting Thanksgiving! I love cooking and having people over and I don't know why we don't do it more often. Two years ago I hosted my first thanksgiving with Chris's and my family's. I love it that our parents are friends and we can do this holiday together. It definitely saves Chris and I a trip to each family. Anyways this year was slightly different because my Mom invited my aunt and great grandma. I was excited to have more people. It wasn't to hard to prepare because each person who comes brings a different dish. My job was just to make the turkey, buns, and pies. I did a better job cooking the turkey this year then the last year I did it, but forgot to tie the legs together and they ended up burning. But at least the rest of the turkey was nice and moist. Also, when my Grandma arrived she asked about how I make my stuffing. Oops, I had forgotten to have someone bring stuffing. Fortunately I had a box of stuffing in the cupboard that I whipped up in 5 minutes. Not as good as homemade but it worked fine. All in all, we had a wonderful day. Chris and I were even able to enjoy our meal since Scarlett decided to nap while we ate!
 The little turkey's I made for everyone. Super easy and fun! Gotta love pinterest!

 My nephew's Mason and Peyton coloring before dinner.

 Of course, Chris decided to take a nap after dinner! I guess we need more seating since he was forced to sleep between the table and the wall!

Playing with Daddy! Both happy after naps!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I've only made Thanksgiving for our immediate family and that was only when Meridian was a baby and Zoelle was 2. It was pretty labor intensive, but fun!! I'm super impressed you did it all!! :)

    ReplyDelete