Monday, April 25, 2011

Breastfeeding Update

So... Where to begin. Many things have changed since the last update. Things were going slightly better, then teething entered the picture and Scarlett began to chomp again. So once again my nipples are sore and the all purpose nipple ointment has made its way to my nightstand. And much to my dismay, my milk supply took a plunge once again. Since the More Milk Plus Special Blend wasn't cutting it anymore I decided to use the prescription for reglan that the lactation nurses at Innovis ordered for me. I have been taking it for about a week with no side effects yet and a small increase in my milk supply. I am considering ordering domperidone online. Domperidone is similar to reglan, but without all the side effects.  I am also back to pumping more frequently after her feedings and supplementing with the bottle. I have seriously considered exclusively pumping, but am going to give it til 6 months before I consider going that route. Some days she does better than others and I am thankful for the good days because they keep me going!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Megan...I wish this were easier for you. I'm sorry you have had such mountains to climb, but climb them you ARE!
    You are doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete